Kids Self Defense Seminar - August 2020Date/Time: 8/1/2020 10:00:00 AM
Krav Maga of Orange County is hosting self-defense training seminar for kids. This will be a 1.5 hour seminar for ages 8-12 focused on self-defense in and out of school settings. It will be held on Saturday, August 1st from 10:00a - 11:30a at our Irvine location.
The fee is $45. Each student will need to bring their school backpack for training.
This Krav Maga kids seminar has been carefully developed with valuable input from law enforcement officials, criminal prosecutors, psychologists, physicians. The training seminar deals specifically with how and where kids are commonly attacked; on their way to and from and at school. Kids are taught how to safely and effectively fend off an attacker with punches, elbows, knees, and kicks.
This seminar incorporates training methods to build kids’ fighting spirit and to train them how to respond both mentally and physically in a time of need, eliminating the danger of freezing, or shutting down in confrontations. Kids receive hands on training in simulation based scenarios that may include attacks on school grounds, in public areas, on their way home, etc. This training seminar will cover the following subjects:
- Dealing with common playground altercations
- How to handle name calling and teasing
- Verbal skills to prevent an altercation from becoming physical
- Simple self-defense skills should an altercation become unavoidable
In addition to regular kids classes, Krav Maga of Orange County offer seminars that are tailored specifically to kids. In those seminars your child will learn verbal and body language skills that can prevent an attack, as well as defenses against physical threats. During the seminar, these practical reactions to varying levels of modern threats will become ingrained into their psyche and become automatic reactions.
- Safety around strangers and dangerous adults
- Usage of backpacks as a tool for self-defense
- Getting lost (safety checklist, names, address, phone number)
- Abduction awareness, detection, and avoidance
- How to physically break away and escape the grasp of a would be abductor
For a printable version click here.
40 spots available and 0 wait list spots available.